Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spring Hike


View from West Lookout 

Things I saw along the hike...


The bugs are coming out
    

                                                     
Plants are starting to grow



Flowers are blooming

Someone didn't survive the winter :(

Didn't your mother tell you to wear your shoes?!
                     
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your barefeet."
Kahlil Gibran


I got to break in my new Vibram Five Finger shoes. They were so pretty when I took them out of the box, I almost didn't want to put them on.  The paths of Magelsson are pretty muddy this time of year. I've had barefoot shoes for almost a year now, and I love them - my old ones are not this color anymore, though These shoes make it easier to grip the trail and go faster. I've always liked walking around barefoot in the summer (and still do). Walking through the woods barefoot is not always practical, which is when I throw my barefooters(yes, my shoes have a nickname) on. I can still feel the ground beneath my feet. 




                                   














No comments:

Post a Comment